EVANSTON, IL – SEPTEMBER 29: A general view of Ryan Field as the Northwestern Wildcats take on the Indiana Hoosiers on September 29, 2012 in Evanston, Illinois. Northwestern defeated Indiana 44-29. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)The Big Ten announced earlier today some scheduling news for the 2019 college football season.Ohio State and Northwestern are set to meet in a Big Ten Championship Game rematch on Friday, Oct. 18 at Ryan Field in Evanston, Ill.The Big Ten has had a couple of Friday night games over the last two years and it seems like the conference is going to continue to have them.Northwestern’s head coach, Pat Fitzgerald, doesn’t like it.“This one was out of our control,” Fitzgerald told the Chicago Tribune on Tuesday. “Didn’t get a vote on this. I understand why we’re doing this, but it does not make me happy. I still fundamentally believe that Fridays are for high school football.”People in Ohio aren’t too happy, either.One of the most-prominent figures in the Ohio high school football world has called out the Big Ten for having a big Friday night game.Sorry to hear this. Please leave Friday nights to HS Football. Ohio State’s 2019 Game at Northwestern to Be Played on Friday Night, Per Report | Eleven Warriors https://t.co/1tsn0C8fYC— Jerry Snodgrass (@Jerry_Snodgrass) December 18, 2018As long as the TV money is there, though, the Friday night games are probably going to continue to happen.
- Statement from The Stronach Group on the Collaboration Among U.S. Racing Organizations to Prohibit Race-Day Medication at National Tracks
- MARCKIE’S WATER & ASHLEYLUVSSUGAR TANGLE AGAIN IN SATURDAY’S GRADE II, $200,000 CHARLES WHITTINGHAM STAKES AT 1 ¼ MILES ON TURF
- REDDAM RACING’S CALIFORNIA-BRED LISTING TAKES $75,000 DESERT CODE STAKES BY 2 ¼ LENGTHS
- Tottenham news LIVE – Latest updates from North London
- Kalvin Phillips snubs Tottenham and claims he wants to spend career with Leeds