DDTV: JASON QUIGLEY HOPES DONEGAL LAND DUBLIN WITH A KNOCKOUT BLOW ON SUNDAY

first_imgDonegal boxing sensation Jason Quigley has recorded a video message wishing Donegal all the best ahead of their All-Ireland semi-final clash with Dublin on Sunday.The video was recorded at Michael Murphy’s new Sports & Lesiure shop in Letterkenny. Quigley had called in to wish Michael all the best with his new venture before voicing his support for Donegal this weekend.In the video Quigley reminds the players they put Donegal back on the map in 2012, and said it was time for them to do it again.Let’s hope Donegal can land the knockout blow to Dublin’s hopes on Sunday and take us to another All-Ireland final.The opening of Michael Murphy Sports & Leisure will also feature on the Donegal County Matters Show on Irish TV, (Sky 191) at 9pm tonight Video above courtesy of Jackson Media TV. DDTV: JASON QUIGLEY HOPES DONEGAL LAND DUBLIN WITH A KNOCKOUT BLOW ON SUNDAY was last modified: August 29th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTVdonegalJason QuigleynewsSportsupportVideo messagelast_img read more

Hollywood North Vancouver abides some Jeff Bridges sightings

first_img Twitter “I was coming out of Brooks Bros after buying a couple of shirts and I saw this guy who looked a lot like Jeff Bridges,” Zimmer said. “He was a nice guy and we had good conversation. Taller than I thought.”Bad Times at the El Royale, which also stars Chris Hemsworth, Dakota Johnson and Russell Crowe, filmed a scene in Agassiz earlier this week and Bridges posed for photos with some Fraser Valley fans as well. Advertisement Advertisement Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment As a federal politician who rubs elbows with Canada’s who’s who on Parliament Hill, Bob Zimmer isn’t one to get star-struck — but an unexpected encounter with ‘The Dude’ can change all that.“Being in the public eye myself, I know people don’t really like to be bothered,” said the Conservative MP for Prince George-Peace River-Northern Rockies. “But how can you not say hi to Jeff Bridges?”Zimmer says he was doing some shopping on Alberni Street in Vancouver last weekend when he ran into the 68-year-old Oscar winner, who is in town filming Bad Times at the El Royale. Facebook Advertisementlast_img read more

All Clear for Turks and Caicos

first_imgOne thing we ought remember, is that although the tropical storm warning was discontinued for the TCI since 2pm, the DDME still has to do its checks to ensure that conditions are indeed safe, hence the all clear coming two hours later.    A Tropical Storm warning at 2pm today was discontinued for the Turks and Caicos Islands by the Bahamas Department of Meteorology.  Two hours earlier, at noon, the airports were reopened by the Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority.  That was approximately the time that tropical storm force winds were predicted to dissipate, and they did.  Nearly all of Florida is under some kind of watch or warning and keeping to its peculiarity, Hurricane Matthew is, in at least two forecast models, expected to move up the south east coast, then make a turn or perhaps I should say a U-turn in the Atlantic and hit Miami.    If the storm does this, it will be much weaker forecasts are saying.    Currently, Hurricane Matthew is moving through The Bahamas chain of islands, expected to slam right into New Providence and Grand Bahama.  Those islands are as ready as can be and will experience Matthew by tonight.  Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, October 5, 2016 – Minutes to 4pm (Wednesday October 5, 2016) the ALL CLEAR was given for The Turks and Caicos and life as usual in these islands are officially resumed.  If you were looking for an epic encounter with dangerous, killer Hurricane Matthew then you are disappointed.  More sensible heads are grateful though for an uneventful encounter with the storm which has killed and destroyed and proven hard to chart, hard to read and uncommonly far reaching; nearly every country in the Atlantic & Caribbean had some brush with now Category three, Hurricane Matthew.   No damages were reported for the Turks and Caicos and the Department of Disaster Management and Emergencies kept its command center and storm shelters opened from Monday into today.  Again, Turks and Caicos is no longer under Tropical Storm Warning and the ALL CLEAR is issued by the Turks and Caicos Islands Government.    Related Items:all clear given for tci, tropical storm warning discontinued for turks and caicos Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Polls Open Voting has begun

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, December 15, 2016 – Polls across the country open at 7am for voters to select who will govern these Turks and Caicos Islands for the next four years.   Both major political parties held rallies last night and both were very well attended.While campaigns this time around kept with tradition and saw candidates giving door to door visits, handing out manifestos or plans for the islands if elected, with street signs erected and the rallies where those offering revved up their bases and aimed to appeal to any undecided voters.. there was use of new promotional tools, including electronic copies of party documents, social media buzzing, especially on Facebook and Instagram, use of online target marketing through Google AdWords, QR codes, even the introduction of free Apps and live streaming of debates and other political events.In a system which is relatively new to these islands, voters will choose not one constituency member but six candidates from the slate.  One of those will be for the district or constituency, but the other five will come from a pool of 20 people who have offered in the At Large category.Seven of those individuals are independent candidates; the other 13 are from the three political parties.  Grand Turk South, South Caicos and Wheeland will each field an independent candidate and by the end of the night, the Elections Office would like to announced, even if unofficially, who are the 15 selected to comprise the House of Assembly.  The party with the most seats gets to govern.  Employers are legally bound to allow staff time to vote.There are 24 voting sites in the Turks and Caicos, polls open at 7am and close at 7pm. Related Items:last_img read more

Medical Tourism being pursued by Health Minister

first_img Rush to exhaust TCI Budget says Minister Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppUnited States, May 11, 2017 – Washington, DC – Following his attendance at the World Health Care Congress in Washington DC earlier this month, Health Minister Edwin Astwood says plans are under way for TCI to soon become a medical tourism destination. The two-day conference brought regional health ministers into conversation with agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and the American Hospital Association.    At the conference Astwood focused on fostering relations with US, Caribbean and Latin American stakeholders on areas dealing with medical travel.    He said he hopes TCI can develop a niche healthcare market with a reputation for “excellence in patient care, patient experience and satisfaction.”#MagneticMediaNews#MedicalTourism#MinisterEdwinAstwood Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #MedicalTourism, #MinisterEdwinAstwoodlast_img read more

Police Records Noticed Update

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, October 1, 2017 – Providenciales – We are pleased to update the public that the police records office on Providenciales will be open with some restrictions from Monday 2nd October 2017.   New applications for Police Records will be accepted on the following days:Monday 2nd, Wednesday 4th and Friday 6th October 2017 between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm.   However applications will only be accepted where the police record is required for travel or any other reason within 14 days of the application date.Applicants will have to prove by way of an airline ticket or other documentation that the police record is required within the 14 day period.   Please be advised that due to the restricted service that we are able to provide, applications will take seven (7) working days (This includes the day of application) to process.There were a number of records that were applied for prior to Hurricane Irma and these will be ready for collection in the following manner:Persons with last name beginning with A to M collect on Tuesday 3rd October 2017.Persons with last name N to Z pick-up on Thursday 5th October 2017.Acting Commissioner of Police Mr. Botting said, “I am pleased that the Police Records will be opening from Monday of next week.   Due to damages to our IT infrastructure caused by Hurricane Irma we have faced significant challenges in getting the Police Records office up and running.    I am aware of the frustration and difficulties that have caused the community and the recovery of the service has remained a priority for us.   I am grateful for the patience and the support that community have given us.   Although there are limitations to the service we will be able to provide next week, we hope to improve on the time-scales that we can currently work to and further information will be issued next week.   The above does not apply for Police Records applied for on Grand Turk.   At this time, there’s no new applications or pick-ups on Grand Turk for records, we will update you once this becomes possible.”Press Release: RTCIPF Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Wolverhampton wont give up on AC Milan midfielder

first_imgAfter splashing out around €120million during the summer transfer window, Wolverhampton Wanderers are not willing to slow down during the winter sessionClosely related to the Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes, the Wanderers have completed some notable signings following the Premier League promotion.Rui Patricio, Leander Dendoncker, Joao Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, and Raul Jiménez are just some of the players that arrived at the Molineux Stadium last summer.However, head coach Nuno Espirito Santo would like to add depth and some additional quality to his midfield department. According to the Italian news outlet, Calciomercato, the former Porto manager wants to buy AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie next January.Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…The 21-year-old Ivory Coast international is currently on a two-year loan at the Rossoneri, with the Serie A giants expected to make the transfer permanent next summer.Well established as a regular starter under Gennaro Gattuso, Kessie has registered eight Serie A appearances so far this season, having scored two goals and provided one assist.The Wolves wanted to sign the strong box-to-box midfielder already last summer, but Milan expressed no intention of selling their man. Moreover, Wolverhampton would have to allocate around €56.5million to snatch a deal, which would become club’s record signing.last_img read more

Brush fire near Interstate 8 in Mission Valley

first_img 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave Settings Brush fire near Interstate 8 in Mission Valley KUSI Newsroom, May 9, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Updated: 3:43 PM KUSI Newsroom Posted: May 9, 2018 Crews are working to extinguish a brush fire in an open area off Texas Street and Camino del Rio South, near Interstate 8 in Mission Valley, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. There are no reports of structural threats.KUSI Chief Photographer Mike Smith took the following video as he drove by the scene.last_img read more

USPS Reports Further Losses in Q3 2016

first_imgAnother quarter, another grim earnings statement from the Postal Service. As of now, savings afforded to publishers by the removal of the exigency surcharge have not translated to an increase in shipping. While overall volume remained stable, the periodicals class dipped 3.8 percent decline in the number of pieces shipped, to 1.43 billion, mirroring recent quarterly declines. Despite “encouraging numbers,” postmaster general Megan J. Brennan cautioned that the agency’s fiscal situation remains bleak. Regardless, renewed calls for a financial life preserver, perhaps in the form of a new surcharge or rate hike, will surely draw the attention of the publishing industry. The USPS argues that it needs around $12 billion in relief in order to return to solvency. Given the scope of the agency’s losses — $5.1 billion last year, and $5.5 billion the year before — those figures are difficult to dispute. Operating revenue saw another slight increase, to $16.64 billion (up 0.7 percent over last year), but the bump wasn’t nearly enough to offset a 12.4 percent increase in operating expenses and the termination of the exigency surcharge — a 4.3 percent premium which had applied to all classes of mail before expiring in April. The loss of the surcharge is expected to hurt USPS revenues by nearly $2 billion each year, according to the agency. “Net losses continue to mount,” Brennan said in a prepared statement. “Our results in the quarter further underscore the need for legislative reform that provides the organization with greater financial stability.” It’s the 41st consecutive quarter in which less periodicals were shipped than in the corresponding period the year before, and overall volume in the periodicals class has fallen 37.8 percent from a quarterly high of 2.3 billion in the third quarter of 2006. USPS chief finanical officer Joseph Corbett blamed lackluster revenue growth in the face of mounting losses on the termination of the exigency surcharge, which he termed a “mandated price reduction” in a statement. The Postal Service itself estimates that it lost $450 million during the quarter as a result of the surcharge’s expiration, still not nearly enough to approach profitability. “They have to understand that it’s a different age,” Cregan told Folio: in April, at the time the exigency surcharge was rolled back. “They’re not the only game in town anymore, and they have to improve their customer relations and understand that we — that is, the MPA — are their customers.” The agency posted a net loss of $1.57 billion for the third quarter of its fiscal year (April 1 to June 30), more than double the $586 million loss recorded over the same period in 2015. But representatives for the publishing industry, like the MPA’s EVP of government affairs, James Cregan, argue that the Postal Service needs to retain its clients more than it needs legislative assistance.last_img read more

How Collaboration And A Little Magic Made Blood Oranges Negro Swan

first_img Email Dev Hynes reveals how he was able to creatively weave his personal stories with so many distinct voices on his new projectAna YglesiasGRAMMYs Sep 6, 2018 – 11:11 am The musician and producer Dev Hynes, best-known for his indie electro R&B project, Blood Orange, released Negro Swan on Aug. 24, his fourth LP under that moniker. Not unlike his music career, the album brings together an unexpected group of collaborators which together showcase Hynes’ creative vision and unique voice in an organic way.The third single from the album, “Saint” highlights Hynes’ masterful collaboration skills. The song features the voices of four other artists, including the indie-rock band Porches, all of which were recorded in different studios at different times. The music video, like many of his, including for “Jewelry,” was directed by the multi-talented (yet impossible to label) artist himself.Thanks to circumstances even Hynes himself may never know, with perhaps an almost magic text message, Hynes was able to get a dream collaboration on “Hope.” The track fits its title, with the one and only Puff Daddy offering hopeful spoken-word messages throughout the song.”What is it going to take for me not to be afraid to be loved the way, like, I really wanna be loved?…You give me that hope that maybe one day I’ll get over my fears and I’ll receive,” Puff says on the track.In an interview with Pitchfork, Hynes shares how the collab came together rather serendipitously. “While working on that song, I started doing fake Puff vocals, because I thought it sounded like that to me. And then I was like, ‘It’d be kind of cool if it actually was Puff.’ So I sent him a text, like, ‘I did this track, do you want to do this vocal part?’ And he replied, ‘Send it.’ He sent back his vocals, like, 20 hours later,” he shared, almost in awe himself of how it came together.The second single from the album, “Jewelry,” feels like an organic stream of consciousness with distinct parts, a distillation of the album’s themes and perhaps the artist’s life experiences as a whole. Hynes’ said that his label had been on him to get album art, but he had a gut feeling that the right image to represent the album would come from the shoot, and indeed it did. He wanted to work with Kai the Black Angel in the video, and a stunning image of him from the video shoot, wearing angel wings through the streets of New York, became the Negro Swan cover art.Clearly the artist knows when to trust his intuition and let the art flow naturally. If more evidence of this was needed, one could point to him featuring writer/director/activist Janet Mock as the narrator on the album, offering her insights on the albums themes across many of the tracks. Her voice and perspective offers a deeper cohesion to album, yet Hynes shares that her words were taken from a conversation they had one day in his studio when their paths crossed in New York; he shared his Negro Swan inspiration notebook with her and recorded her thoughts on it.While Negro Swan has recently created a lot of buzz around Hynes, and for good reason, he is no stranger to the music industry, having spent a lot of time behind-the-scenes writing and producing for a wide range of artists across genres, including GRAMMY winners Kylie Minogue, Solange, Basement Jaxx, and Chemical Brothers on “All Rights Reserved” from their GRAMMY-winning We Are The Night. There must be more than a little magic and a whole lot of creative vision behind what he makes feel almost effortlessly natural.Read more How Collaboration Made Blood Orange’s ‘Negro Swan’ how-collaboration-and-little-magic-made-blood-oranges-negro-swan Facebook Twitter How Collaboration And A Little Magic Made Blood Orange’s ‘Negro Swan’ News last_img read more