Thirty-four-year-old Ryan Chanderban of Laing Avenue, Georgetown attempted to prevent two men from confiscating a cellphone his female friend had in her possession as they were sitting on the Georgetown Seawall on Sunday. In the process he was stabbed to his arm, and is now a patient at the Georgetown Public Hospital.Based on reports received, Chanderban and his female friend, a resident of Industry, East Coast Demerara, were sitting on the seawall when the two suspects, one of whom was armed with a knife, confronted them.The men demanded that the woman hand over the mobile phone she had in her hands. When she refused, one of the men dealt her a blow to her forehead, causing her to sustain injuries.Chanderban intervened, and was stabbed once to his left armpit before the bandits made good their escape on a motorcycle.Persons who were in close proximity to Chanderban reportedly contacted the Police, and the injured couple was eventually transported by ambulance to the GPHC, where the woman was treated and sent away while Chanderban was admitted a patient.Several persons who were in the area, when questioned, gave Police an account of what they had seen transpire. Investigations are ongoing.
- Statement from The Stronach Group on the Collaboration Among U.S. Racing Organizations to Prohibit Race-Day Medication at National Tracks
- MARCKIE’S WATER & ASHLEYLUVSSUGAR TANGLE AGAIN IN SATURDAY’S GRADE II, $200,000 CHARLES WHITTINGHAM STAKES AT 1 ¼ MILES ON TURF
- REDDAM RACING’S CALIFORNIA-BRED LISTING TAKES $75,000 DESERT CODE STAKES BY 2 ¼ LENGTHS
- Tottenham news LIVE – Latest updates from North London
- Kalvin Phillips snubs Tottenham and claims he wants to spend career with Leeds