MORE THAN A MIDFIELDER Mackison said he is determined to be more than a midfielder who scores goals, however, but wants to assist his team in winning games. “I promised my coach that I want to score 20 or more goals this season and give as many assists as possible to help the team,” he said. “We will just continue to do the good work and don’t get complacent and keep on working hard.” Asked about his team’s title chances, he said: “Definitely, KC can win this year. I am positive I can continue scoring and help to lead the way,” he outlined. Averaging almost two goals per game so far, the player will be hoping to lead his team again with a win over Ascot High when KC play them at the National Stadium at 3 p.m. today. “I am doing good so far, we just need to keep training hard and continue the good work and always remain focus and calm and follow the coach’s instructions,” he stressed. Kingston College (KC) attacking midfielder, Rashawn Mackison, is backing himself to score around 20 goals and provide many assists this season’s ISSA/FLOW Manning Cup football campaign, as he hopes to lead the ‘Purples’ to a long-awaited Manning Cup title. The quiet, but skillful player dictates KC’s plays and orchestrates their attack from the centre of the park each game. Courtesy of Mackison, a man of the match on the three occasions that KC have won, he has netted seven times, despite missing two penalties against Denham Town. He scored four goals in that game, one in the St Mary’s College opener and two against Papine High, last Friday. “This season, I trained a lot harder in pre-season, I am a lot older now and I have more experience,” he noted of improvements that have brought more success.
– 3 murder accused granted bailClose to two months after several samples from the decomposed body of murdered British teen Dominic Bernard were sent to neighbouring Trinidad and Tobago for DNA testing, Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum said the Guyana Police Force (GPF) has been informed that they are now ready for pick-up.British teen Dominic BernardThe Head of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) further related to Guyana Times on Tuesday that arrangements were currently being made to have the officer who took the samples for testing uplift the results. “We are hoping to get it (report) within the next few days,” Blanhum stated.In February, samples taken from the body believed to be that of the missing British teenager were sent to the twin-island republic to confirm the identity of the body, which was found in a shallow grave at Alness Village, Corentyne, Berbice, the previous month.The 18-year-old Bernard came to Guyana late last year to spend some time with his Godbrother Aaron Hing of Kildonan village, Corentyne. However, he mysteriously vanished and his body was found three months later, a few villages from where he was expected to spend his time.After the teen had been reported missing by his father in January, local Police launched an investigation which led to the arrest of Hing and his friend, Staymon George. The duo subsequently confessed to beating and burying the young man.They reportedly took some £2000 and the teen’s camera and video making equipment, some of which they allegedly sold while they disposed of others.They later admitted that they had collected the teen from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport on October 14, 2015 and on their way to Berbice, they stopped along Sheriff Street where they ate and drank a few beers.As investigations continued, the Police arrested Jameel Sinclair who subsequently took law enforcement officials to an area behind Nurney Village and pointed out where he buried the teen’s camera and its components. Sinclair admitted that he was promised payment to hide the teen’s belongings on the night he was fatally beaten.Shortly after, the Guyana Police Force charged Hing, 22; George, 23; Krystal Thomas, 20; Sinfinee Henry, 39, and Sinclair, 20, for the murder. They were remanded to prison on the indictable charge.However, on Tuesday, Thomas, Henry and Sinclair were granted bail by the High Court after an application was filed on their behalf. The petition was heard and granted by Justice Priya Sewnarine-Beharry at the Demerara High Court. Bail was granted in the sum of $300,000 each on the condition that they report to the Whim Police Station every two weeks, beginning this Friday if bail is paid.