“The corporation has tested all of its employees working at the factory, and only those who tested negative are to return to work next week,” the firm said.”The corporation plans to strengthen social distancing and safety measures,” it added.A spokesman for the region’s coronavirus taskforce said the plant on the outskirts of Jakarta could be shut for as long as 14 days if it is deemed unsafe for employees to return to work.Indonesia had reported over 150,000 coronavirus cases and 6,858 deaths, but with some of the world’s lowest testing rates the true scale is widely believed to be much greater. South Korea’s LG Electronics has temporarily shut a factory near Indonesia’s capital after some 200 employees contracted coronavirus, the company and a local official said Tuesday.The Cibitung plant, which makes televisions and digital sign parts, will shut for nine days after about a third of its 600 employees tested positive.LG would “come up with disinfection measures for the entire property for the safety and health of its employees”, it said in a statement. Topics :
He said EIOPA had a duty to conduct tests on both the insurance and pensions sectors, but stressed it would not copy the insurance model.“Our aim is to develop a stress test framework that is appropriate and suitable for pension funds,” he said.“For pension funds, there is no experience of running these stress tests for both defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC), and no way of analysing the direct transmission channels between pension funds and financial markets.“We do not want to start the thinking with the opinion big pension funds are systemically important – this is not our starting point. We want to understand the market better and how the linkages are.”He said once the data collection had taken place, the stress test would begin in 2015 and run in parallel with a quantitative assessment of scheme solvency, part of the holistic balance sheet consultation.On Monday, EIOPA launched a consultation on six frameworks for the contentious holistic balance sheet.He said this was the first step on the journey towards the creation of a risk-based framework for pension funds, adding that the consultation was much broader than any work previously done by EIOPA on solvency models.There are three levels within the consultation, moving from solvency requirements, minimum funding levels and using the holistic balance sheet as a risk-management tool.However, Bernardino stressed that using it as a risk-management tool would not be an easy option and said it should come with clear published results so funding levels can be analysed and, if necessary, stimulate reform.“They should not be without consequence,” he told NAPF delegates.“If it is concluded that the pension fund is providing unsustainable pension promises, regulators should take action, of course, using a flexible approach.“We are not promoting a new ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. The framework should have built-in flexibility to deal with the range of occupational pension schemes in different [EU] member states.” The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority chairman has defended proposed stress tests on IORPs as he announced a data-collection exercise in the coming weeks.Data will be collected from IORPs in the EU’s largest pensions markets, analysing approximately 10 years of investment data, particularly investment and divestments.The chairman, Gabriel Bernardino, said this would cover times of financial stability and stress, in order to define whether IORPs were pro or anti-cyclical.Speaking at the UK National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) Annual Conference in Liverpool, he rejected accusations that stress tests were unnecessary and a burden on schemes.
The closed Dutch pension fund for dentists and dentist consultants (SPT) and its occupational pensions association (BPVT) are to sound out the interest among members for a new mandatory pension plan.The initiative is a result of negotiations between both organisations after a dispute about the composition of SPT’s board had led to the pension fund starting court proceedings about the BPVT’s role last summer.Meilof Snijder, the scheme’s temporary chairman, said that SPT, BPVT and the occupational associations for dentists and dentist consultants “wanted to take their responsibility for pension arrangements for the occupation”.“We have received signs that younger colleagues hardly save for their pension,” said Snijder. He estimated that currently 6,000-7,000 dentists were not participating in the pension fund and depended on individual arrangements. If a new and mandatory scheme for dentists were to be established, it would be “something alongside SPT”, according to the chairman.He added that re-opening SPT would not be likely. “Approximately 70% of our participants are pensioners and our investment policy has been tuned to this situation accordingly,” Snijder said.Following a provisionary agreement in the wake of the court proceedings, the BPVT reconfirmed that it would not come up with proposals for interim board changes.The occupational pensions association has also abandoned its initial objections against SPT’s plan to increase the annual fixed indexation from 0.85% to 1.15%.The parties have also agreed that Han Bakker – an orthodontist – will take over as chair from Snijder as of 1 January.Currently, Bakker is completing the necessary courses for getting his pensions expertise up to scratch, and has reached the level for the required assessment by supervisor DNB, Snijder explained.SPT, for its turn, said it would help BPVT’s new chairman, Ward van Dijk, increase his pensions expertise.Last summer, Van Dijk succeeded Peter Czaikowsky after the latter had stepped down as chair of the occupational pensions association.Part of the new agreement involves the pension fund providing BPTV with a fixed budget, based on its agreed tasks. In the past, the BPVT often significantly overspent its budget, according to Snijder.He said that the air between the pension fund and BPVT’s new board has been cleared and calm has returned following the new and “workable” agreement.SPT, which manages €1.9bn of assets for 2,850 participants and 4,125 pensioners, was closed to new entrants in 1997.
LNG World News Staff Image courtesy of Polskie LNGPolish sole liquefied natural gas (LNG) import facility, the President Lech Kaczyński terminal in Świnoujście, has received a new cargo on Tuesday. Polish LNG terminal operator, Polskie LNG, said via social media that the delivery came to the facility onboard the LNG carrier Wilpride capable of transporting 156,000 cubic meters of the chilled fuel.It was the 84th delivery since the project started operation, the operator said. It also added that this was also the 6th delivery in 2020 and is not the last one for the month of February.AIS data provided by VesselsValue shows that the cargo was loaded at the Cameron LNG facility in Louisiana.Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) is in charge of all the LNG supplies coming to the import terminal operated by Gaz-System’s unit Polskie LNG.
Tweet Share 50 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! BusinessLifestyleTravel Carnival Cruise Line to cut visits to Cayman Islands by: – January 7, 2013 Share Share Carnival cruise ship. Photo credit: marineinsight.comGEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands (GIS) — Carnival Cruise Line passenger arrivals in the Cayman Islands are projected to fall by nearly a quarter of a million in 2013, the local Ministry of Tourism learned late in December.On Friday, December 21, 2012, the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) informed the ministry of the changes by telephone. The FCCA cited as the cause of the reduction a desire not to have the Carnival Breeze serviced by cruise tender. Various cruise ships have also been re-allocated to Roatan, Honduras and to European routes.This desire on the part of cruise lines to not have certain ships serviced by cruise tender illustrates the need for proper berthing facilities and Tourism Minister Cline Glidden has consulted with Governor Duncan Taylor on this matter. Taylor made clear that he has no objection to the proposal to develop cruise ship berthing facilities, indeed he supports it, so long as procurement procedures are in line with international best practice and are transparent and robust.This decrease in Carnival Cruise Line passenger arrivals is, however, forecast to be offset somewhat by increases from other cruise lines. The Port Authority website states that scheduled calls for 2013 are at 508 and projected total cruise passengers are approximately 1.4 million. Glidden stated that his ministry will work closely with all stakeholders to mitigate the effects of the reduction in cruise ship arrivals.Caribbean News Now
Area Boys Basketball Scores.Tuesday (11-24)South Ripley 58 Jac-Cen-Del 39North Decatur 57 Greensburg 54Trinity Lutheran 58 South Decatur 44Rising Sun 62 South Dearborn 50SW Shelby 53 Edinburgh 35Hauser 82 Shawe Memorial 42
ARLINGTON, Minn. (Aug. 29) – A single caution was all that slowed Dan Mackenthun’s drive toward the front and eventual Joe Voss Memorial win Saturday at Arlington Raceway.Andy Altenburg was the early leader in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car 25-lapper and was first challenged by Elijah Zevenbergen.Mackenthun, the current track point leader made his way in between the two and was scored first across the stripe on the fourth circuit.Zevenbergen ran with Mackenthun for the next 18 laps before falling off the pace. Fourteenth starting Shaun Bruns made his own bid for the lead but had to settle for second.Mackenthun, nearing the 100 career win mark, earned $1,600. Brent Uecker, Dean Cornelius and Altenburg rounded out the top five.Matt Schauer won the Tough Guy Challenge and $500.Clint Hatlestad chalked up another Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified victory and Brandon Allen led the IMCA Eagle Motorsports RaceSaver Sprint Car field across the finish line.Cory Probst prevailed in a caution-free IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock feature. John Albrecht held off Matt Looft in topping the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod main.Luke Trebelhorn held off Zach Foesch and Nate Coopman for the Mach-1 Sport Compact win. Stock Car feature results – 1. Dan Mackenthun; 2. Shaun Bruns; 3. Brent Uecker; 4. Dean Cornelius; 5. Andrew Altenburg; 6. Derek Green; 7. Matt Schauer; 8. Brent Reierson; 9. Ken Tietz; 10. Dan Veenstra; 11. Todd Sterner; 12. Chad Schroeder; 13. Elijah Zevenbergen; 14. Jeff Holstein; 15. Dan Dhaene; 16. Kevin LaTour; 17. John Polifka; 18. Josh Telecky; 19. Adam Voss; 20. Jeff McCollum; 21. David Moriarty; 22. Matt Speckman.
East Central AquaTrojan Swimmer Kyra Hall placed 14th in The 100 Back at The Girls Swimming State Finals Prelims at IUPUI Natatorium.The top 16 in each swimming event during Friday’s prelims will return for competition on Saturday with the top eight individuals vying for state championship honors. Those finishing nine through 16 on Friday will make up the competitors in the consolation heats.
“Yeah, I am sure I can (keep Fulham up) because I have done it sometimes before in Germany,” Magath said, speaking to Fulham TV. “I have taken over clubs in a similar situation to Fulham and I am very confident I can do it once more here in England with Fulham. “I think 12 games are enough to keep them in the Premier League and we need confidence now. We need spirit and we will start next Saturday at West Bromwich. “If the players, the staff and fans will support us 100 per cent and the players give 100 per cent in the next days, I am sure we have the potential to avoid relegation.” Magath took his first training session at the club’s Motspur Park training ground today and was pleasantly “surprised” by the qualities his new side possess. “I know not only the German players, but the international players very well,” the 60-year-old, who has worked with Lewis Holtby, Sascha Riether and Ashkan Dejagah previously, said. “I would think that we would have a team that has more potential than what we have shown. “I am sure that we will do that in the next games, show our fans, who I hope will support us in our most important game next weekend against West Bromwich, that we can do better than our last games. With the west Londoners four points adrift of safety with 12 matches remaining, the club took drastic action on Friday by replacing Meulensteen at the helm after just 75 days. The deposed head coach was not mentioned in the club statement announcing Magath’s appointment and went on the radio minutes later to claim chief executive Alistair Mackintosh had told him that he had been “released”. However, Press Association Sport understands Meulensteen has not been sacked by Fulham, nor have assistant manager Ray Wilkins or first-team technical director Alan Curbishley. Magath wants to review the backroom team before any such decisions are made and would not shed any light on the situation in his first interview since taking charge of the Barclays Premier League’s bottom side. “We signed last Friday night, so the time is too short to make up our mind about this stuff,” he said. “I have only time now to work with the players and prepare the team for the most important game next Saturday. We will talk about the stuff afterwards.” Magath’s focus might be on next weekend’s trip to fellow strugglers West Brom, but questions will continue over Meulensteen in particular. Having sacked Martin Jol after a poor run of form, the former Manchester United coach, appointed head coach under his countryman just weeks earlier, took control of first-team duties on December 1. Meulensteen’s 75-day spell in charge was ended by Magath’s arrival, but his staff profile remains on the Fulham website, as does those of Wilkins and Curbishley. That, though, is of little interest to the experienced German, who is confident of keeping the club in the top flight despite their precarious position. Newly-appointed first-team manager Felix Magath would not be drawn on the future of predecessor Rene Meulensteen, preferring instead to focus on his belief that bottom-placed Fulham can beat the drop. Press Association
(REUTERS)-Leg-spinner Amit Mishra picked up his second five-wicket haul in one-day internationals as India skittled New Zealand for 79 to win the final match by 190 runs in Visakhapatnam yesterday for a 3-2 series victory.Half-centuries from opener Rohit Sharma and the in-form Virat Kohli took India to 269 for six in their 50 overs after captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the toss and opted to bat.Only three New Zealand batsmen could reach double figures with the visiting captain Kane Williamson top-scoring with 27 as his side were bundled out in just 23.1 overs for their lowest ODI score against India.Williamson’s dismissal to Axar Patel, who took two wickets for nine, triggered a collapse which saw New Zealand lose their last seven wickets for 16 runs with Mishra bagging five of them.The 33-year-old fooled the batsmen with his flight and sharp turn and also extracted some extra bounce on the surface during his six overs.Mishra (5-18) was adjudged man- of- the- match and also the player of the series for picking up 15 wickets in the five matches.Earlier, Rohit and Kohli gave India the momentum with a 79-run stand for the second wicket before the former was out on 70 in the 22nd over.Kohli, who had already scored 85 not out and an unbeaten 154 in the series, kept India’s innings moving briskly with a 71-run stand with Dhoni but his dismissal for 65 triggered a mini-collapse for the hosts.Dhoni and Manish Pandey were also soon back in the pavilion and India were reduced from 190-2 to 220-5 in quick time.Kedar Jadhav’s unbeaten 39 and Patel’s 24 gave India, who also blanked New Zealand 3-0 in the tests, the late surge with a sixth-wicket partnership of 46.INDIA InningsA. Rahane c Latham b Neesham 20Ro. Sharma c Neesham b Boult 70V. Kohli c Guptill b Sodhi 65M. Dhoni lbw b Santner 41M. Pandey c Boult b Sodhi 0K. Jadhav not out 39A. Patel b Boult 24J. Yadav not out 1Extras (b-1 lb-1 w-7) 9Total (for 6 wickets, 50 overs) 269Fall of wickets: 1-40 A. Rahane,2-119 Ro. Sharma,3-190 M. Dhoni,4-195 M. Pandey,5-220 V. Kohli,6-266 A. PatelDid not bat: A. Mishra, U. Yadav, J. BumrahBowling: T. Southee 10 – 0 – 56 – 0(w-1,T. Boult 10 – 0 – 52 – 2(w-5),J. Neesham 6 – 0 – 30 – 1(w-1),M. Santner 10 – 0 – 36 – 1,I. Sodhi 10 – 0 – 66 – 2,C. Anderson 4 – 0 – 27 – 0.NEW ZEALAND InningsM. Guptill b U. Yadav 0T. Latham c Yadav b Bumrah 19K. Williamson c Jadhav b A. Patel 27R. Taylor c Dhoni b Mishra 19J. Neesham b Mishra 3B. Watling b Mishra 0C. Anderson lbw b Yadav 0M. Santner b A. Patel 4T. Southee st Dhoni b Mishra 0I. Sodhi c Rahane b Mishra 0T. Boult not out 1Extras (w-6) 6Total (all out, 23.1 overs) 79Fall of wickets: 1-0 M. Guptill,2-28 T. Latham,3-63 K. Williamson,4-66 R. Taylor,5-66 B. Watling,6-74 C. Anderson,7-74 J. Neesham,8-74 T. Southee,9-76 I. Sodhi,10-79 M. SantnerBowling: U. Yadav 4 – 0 – 28 – 1(w-1),J. Bumrah 5 – 0 – 16 – 1A. Patel 4.1 – 0 – 9 – 2, A. Mishra 6 – 2 – 18 – 5(w-5),J. Yadav 4 – 0 – 8 – 1.