About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Burnley defender Charlie Taylor: Late Tottenham goal hard to takeby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBurnley defender Charlie Taylor admits defeat at Tottenham was hard to take.Christian Eriksen fired Spurs’ injury-time winner on Saturday.”We worked on it in training this week and it went perfectly well,” said Taylor, who lined up to the left of a three-man central defence.“We were set for what would have been a great point at a very tough away fixture.“It’s absolutely gutting. In terms of losing a game, it’s the worst way you can possibly do it.“After holding on for so long and then to concede in injury time is horrible.“But we are looking more like a typical Burnley team over recent weeks.“We got a good result and a clean sheet last week and again we got so close against a top side, so there were definitely positives from our point of view.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd blocked Mourinho buying Aldeweireldby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United blocked former manager Jose Mourinho from signing Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld.The Mirror says United’s board ‘vetoed’ Mourinho’s move for Alderweireld for tactical reasons.Mourinho was axed by United in December after the club recorded their worst ever start to a Premier League campaign.The Portuguese was vocal throughout his final months, however, that the club needed to sign a new centre-half.Belgium international Alderweireld fit the bill with his contract nearing expiry at Tottenham.
FC Andorra coach Gabri: Ownership won’t hurt Pique’s Barcelona formby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFC Andorra coach Gabri Garcia insists Barcelona defender Gerard Pique’s form won’t be influenced by his club ownership.Pique quickly moved for the former Barca coach to take charge of Andorra after buying the club.”I do not think it will affect his play, Gerard is a person who handles a lot of things and this is just another one,” said Gabri. “Of course, it is not only he who is in this project, since there are more people behind him, he delegates to fully prepared people. “Gerard has never been off centre and this time he will not either.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Lampard happy for Pulisic as he inspires Chelsea winby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Frank Lampard praised Christian Pulisic after he came off the bench to help them to a 1-0 win over Newcastle United.Pulisic replaced Mason Mount just after the hour mark, with the hosts struggling to find a way past a determined Toon defence, and played a key part in setting up Marcos Alonso’s 73rd minute winner.”I’m really pleased for him,” Lampard said. “He’s a hot topic because of the price tag. Because of his status in his national team, and his world status through that. And everyone has got a little bit carried away with the short term.“The long term is that he’s come here and he’s just turned 21 and to see him play like he did today, and there’s a lot more to come.“It’s not the end story. You can see his balance and awareness and you can see how he can play.“And there’s improvement to come as with all the young players, but delighted for him because he will feel good about that. And he should do because he was a big part of us winning that game.”
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Liverpool manager Klopp: No chance Salah could’ve faced Man Utdby Freddie Taylor5 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says there was no way Mohamed Salah could have faced Manchester United on Sunday.The Reds missed Salah’s attacking spark against United’s low-block, with the game ending in a 1-1 draw.”Mo was not ready, that’s how it is,” Klopp told Sky Sports.”He couldn’t train with the team; I don’t know where it came from that everybody said he will play. “There was pretty much no chance for today, maybe for Wednesday, we have to see.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Crystal Palace planning swoop for Chelsea striker Giroudby Paul Vegas4 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace are planning an ambitious January swoop for Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud.Palace have had to make do with Christian Benteke and Jordan Ayew leading the line this season, and are desperate to add a more prolific front-man to their ranks.Giroud is unsettled at Chelsea, and The Sun says Palace are keen to make the most of his uncertain future and move for his services in January.The Eagles have a good relationship with Chelsea, having previously loaned some of their players – Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Michy Batshuayi are two recent, successful examples – and the south Londoners hope they can get another over the line.
YouTube/WatchNDNotre Dame fans are calling for Brian Kelly to be fired after another woeful performance.Notre Dame and NC State played in rough conditions on Saturday afternoon, as Hurricane Matthew crept up the East Coast towards North Carolina, dumping an insane amount of rain in the Raleigh area. As such, the two teams struggled to move the ball, resulting in a defensive battle that featured five turnovers. But at the end of the day, NC State knocked off Notre Dame, and hey – a loss is a loss.In the loss, Notre Dame gained just 113 yards. DeShone Kizer finished 9-of-26 for 54 yards and an interception, while the team gained just 59 yards on the ground. The game was decided on a punt block that was returned for a touchdown.It won’t shock you to hear that Notre Dame fans are starting to lose it. The Fighting Irish are 2-4 on the season, and many supporters are calling for Brian Kelly’s head.FIRE BRIAN KELLY NOW!!!!— Edward Urrutia (@EdUrrutia0176) October 8, [email protected] time for Brian Kelly to go. Only 1 season with 10 wins or more, rest is mediocre. Time for him to go away #firebriankelly— Eric Savage (@ESav79) October 8, 2016Hated seeing how Brian Kelly treated his players today. Always love my Irish ? but he needs to go #NDvsNCSU— Jenna Lewanski (@JLewanski) October 8, 2016Time for Brian Kelly to get fired. #ND— Dave Euro (@daveeuro) October 8, 2016Can we plz fire brian kelly now and start goin after les miles b4 some1 else gets him damn— Young Phife (@shonuff18mill) October 8, 2016You sir @CoachBrianKelly need to be fired asap— brian from Illinois (@woltz1975) October 8, 2016Notre Dame’s schedule doesn’t let up either – the Fighting Irish still have Stanford, Miami, Navy, Army, Virginia Tech and USC. It’ll be interesting to see if they even qualify for a bowl game.
Kevin-Prince Boateng is still a Sassuolo player, despite the Serie A club’s president recently saying he was likely to be bought by Barcelona following a stint with the Spanish side.Sassuolo’s Giovanni Carnevali had said that Barca were set to trigger the clause in the loan deal that brought the Ghana international to Camp Nou in January allowing a permanent transfer for €8m.That clause has now expired and Carnevali said that the situation has changed since the original interview took place. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare “I have never said we weren’t expecting him anymore, this interview was done before June 30 [when the loan deal expired] and we still didn’t know about Barcelona’s intentions,” the club president told Goal.“I just said we still didn’t know if Barcelona wanted him, if they wanted to give him on loan to another Spanish club or if he was going to be back with us, the point is the interview was published after the 30th.“Right now we already know Boateng is back to Sassuolo and together we will see what he wants to do.”Boateng only joined Sassuolo from Eintracht Frankfurt last summer, with his switch to Barcelona happening after only six months with the club.The former Tottenham man made four appearances for the Blaugrana and Carnevali had said he thought the transfer might be made permanent in the interview he alluded to in today’s statement.“I think Barcelona will buy Kevin Prince-Boateng, then he will be loaned to another La Liga club,” he said at the time .For his part the 32-year-old Boateng did not believe he would be moving to Catalonia.The well-travelled forward, for whom Barcelona represented a tenth professional club, seemed to rule out a return in a July 2nd social media pos t.“Today ends one of the most exciting experiences of my career,” he said on Instagram , “I thank every person who made this possible.“I thank my team-mates who made me feel at home from day one, champions and great people.“I thank all the management, available and always present.“A special thought goes to all the fans: I will always carry you in my heart. I wanted to give something more, but I did my best in every minute that was given to me to honour this fantastic shirt,” Boateng concluded.
Real Madrid star Eden Hazard was “very pleased” to open his account for the La Liga giants in their 1-0 friendly win against Salzburg. Hazard was the difference in the pre-season fixture at Salzburg, where he scored his first Madrid goal in sublime fashion on Wednesday. After arriving from Chelsea in a deal worth €100 million (£91m/$111m), Hazard curled a stunning effort past goalkeeper Cican Stankovic. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? “When you’re out on the pitch, you want to win the game and being a forward, you want to score goals,” said Hazard, who has shown flashes of his brilliance against Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham and Fenerbahce. “I’d been waiting for this moment for the last five games and it’s happened today. I’m very pleased. “It’s still pre-season, but I think we’ve got more energy now. We’ve still got another 10 days before our first competitive game so we have to focus and keep working hard. “Our aim is to be ready for next week, we can’t wait to start La Liga so we’re training and practising hard.” Hazard’s arrival has headlined a busy off-season for Madrid, who have attempted to overhaul their side with the signings of Luka Jovic, Eder Militao, Rodrygo Goes, Ferland Mendy. Brazilian defender Eder, who arrived from Porto, made his debut for Madrid against Salzburg. The 21-year-old featured in a back three alongside captain Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane before making way at half-time. “It’s a special feeling to play my first match for the best club in the world,” he said. “I’m very happy, but I still have lots to learn. Playing for Real Madrid has been a dream for me ever since I was very young. Thanks to God, I have the chance to be here and I was to enjoy this opportunity. “I hope I can have a wonderful career in this shirt. It’s an incredible feeling to be alongside the best defenders and fullbacks in world football. “I hope I can help the team because these are fantastic players. I did what the coach asked of me and I hope things carry on in this vein.” Madrid will face Roma in a friendly fixture on Sunday before opening their La Liga campaign away to Celta Vigo on August 17.