Email Twitter NewsParma Ham, Mozzarella and Taleggio Kebabs plus a readers offerBy admin – November 26, 2009 654 Previous articleGolden & glazedNext articleDevelopment plans for 5-series by BMW admin Linkedin These stylish kebabs can star as a starter, snack or canapé, making them perfect for any festive event. Simply wrap Parma Ham around cubes of focaccia, mozzarella and Taleggio and thread onto kebab sticks, along with baby plum tomatoes. When you are ready to start cooking, just baste the kebabs in olive oil and sizzle away for 2-3 minutes under a piping hot grill. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up WHAT YOU NEED12 slices Parma Ham, cut into strips4 slices focaccia or ciabatta, cut into cubes2 x 125g packs mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into chunks250g Italian Taleggio cheese, cut into chunks16 baby plum tomatoes2-3 tbsp olive oil, for bastingPea shoots or salad leaves, to serveWHAT TO DOPreheat the barbecue or grill. Soak 8 wooden kebab sticks in hot water for 5 minutes to help prevent them from burningWrap Parma Ham strips around the cubes of bread, mozzarella and Taleggio cheese, threading them onto wooden kebab sticks with the tomatoesBaste the kebabs with olive oil, then cook them for 2 to 3 minutes on the barbecue or under the grill, turning once or twiceServe immediately with the pea shoots or salad leavesCook’s tip: If you can’t find Taleggio, just use another 2 packs of mozzarella. Readers offerThis parma ham recipe come courtesy of the Parma Ham Consortium and they are giving away 25 copies of their new glossy recipe book, Prosciutto di Parma, featuring 14 stylish yet simple recipes, exclusively to Limerick Post readers.To receive a free copy, simply email your details to Jocelyn [email protected] at the Parma Ham Consortium or you can send them a postcard with your name and address to Parma Ham/Limerick Post Newspaper, c/o The Dialogue Agency, 8 Oak Lane, Twickenham TW1 3PA, United Kingdom. Advertisement WhatsApp Facebook Print
James DeGale will face former world title challenger Marco Antonio Periban at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on 22 November. The 30-year-old Mexican lost on points to former WBC super-middleweight champion Sakio Bika when they met for the then vacant title in June last year.Harlesden’s DeGale, 28, is currently the mandatory challenger for the IBF belt held by Carl Froch and hopes to fight for the title next year.His arch rival and fellow West Londoner George Groves, who beat narrowly DeGale on points in 2011, was knocked out by Froch in a rematch in May, having lost to the Nottingham man in controversial circumstances last year.The loss to Groves is the only blemish on DeGale’s 20-fight record. Periban has a record of 20 wins, two defeats and one draw.November’s bout will be on the undercard of a rematch between former light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly and Tony Bellew, who are this time meeting at cruiserweight.See also:Groves & DeGale weigh in ahead of fightsFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
15 December 2009The third ticketing sales of the 2010 Fifa World Cup has hit the 500 000 mark within the first ten days. A total of 386 300 of the tickets were bought by South African soccer fans, while the remaining 114 237 were bought by fans from all over the world.Presently, the USA is leading the list of foreign countries for the sales phase with 22 942 tickets, followed by the UK 20 232, Mexico 7 981, Germany 7 697, Australia 6 277 and Brazil 4 760.In total, ticket applications from 166 countries have been received and the figures do not include the participating member associations allocated ticket sales.“In comparison with the previous editions of the Fifa World Cups, the latest ticket application figures are impressive,” said Fifa ticketing sub-committee chairman Horst Schmidt.Increased domestic applications2010 Local Organising Committee (OC) CEO Danny Jordaan said the number of domestic applications had increased significantly in the third phase of ticket sales, which began on 5 December.“By buying a ticket, South Africans are not only buying a seat to watch a match, but also their spot in South African history,” he said.In total, about one million tickets for all 64 matches and categories are made available in the third sales phase including a limited number for the opening match and the final.All applications within the sales phase will be treated equally. In an event of over-subscribed matches or price categories, there will be an electronic random selection draw on 1 February 2010.Ticket price rangesThe prices for group matches range from US$20 to $160 (opening match: $70 – $450; final: $150 – $900) or R140 to R1 120 (opening match: R490 – R3 150; final: R1 050 – R6 300).The category 4 tickets, the most affordable, have been exclusively set aside for South African residents.All 32 participating member associations have started to sell their allocated team-specific tickets which are 12% of all purchasable tickets in the stadiums for the three group games of the respective team.These tickets are made available through specified websites operated by the respective federations. For this specific ticket sales process, applications close on 13 January 2010.Applications for individual match tickets or team-specific tickets can be made via www.FIFA.com/2010.South African residents also have an option to apply for tickets at FNB branches across the country. The current third ticket sales phase will run until 22 January 2010.Source: BuaNews
It took a while, but San Antonio billionaire and Texas Longhorn booster Red McCombs finally offered an apology to new Longhorns coach Charlie Strong for saying Strong’s hiring was a “kick in the face.”McCombs told San Antonio Express-News that he had a phone conversation with Strong, who is Black, and said the new coach had his “total support.”McCombs, who also slighted Strong by saying the former Louisville coach “would make a great position coach, maybe a coordinator,” said: “He wanted my help and my support,” McCombs said. “I told him I’d be happy to do it.”He tried to explain away his comments by saying “my interest in this coaching issue was to see that we had one of the three best coaches in the United States.”McCombs, former owner of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Vikings of the NFL, sounded genuinely hurt that his comments had been interpreted as racially motivated. McCombs obviously cares about the school; he’s donated more than $100 million to Texas.
VIPs Pack Chamber Event at Palm Cay to Mix, Mingle & Meet Carnival Chiefs Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas (Bahamas Chamber of Commerce and Employers Confederation) – Arnold W. Donald, who heads the $3.6 billion Carnival Corporation, will headline the Bahamas Chamber of Commerce and Employers’ Confederation annual mix and mingle for business leaders, movers and shakers at an event being called The Wind Down: Where Business + Leisure Meet October 2.The networking reception focusing on what creates sustainable success is expected to draw a waiting list of attendees. It will be held at the Billfish Grill at Palm Cay, the 350-home mixed residential and marina community that has been a success story in its own right, winning, among other accolades, the first Bahamas Contractors Association award presented to a development rather than a contractor. “Bringing together a man who is larger than life in the diverse operation that is Carnival Corporation with its 10 cruise ships brands and 91,000 employees with local leaders in the business community in a venue at a beachside setting that shows the best of The Bahamas is one that we hope will once again reinforce how important the business sector is to the well-being of the nation,” said Edison Sumner, Chamber CEO.Long recognized as the voice of business in The Bahamas, the Chamber has in the past few years touched more people at every level than ever before. Its Chamber Institute with monthly practical seminars and workshops, its thoughtful statements on pending legislation and its active development in promoting sectors of the economy linking domestic providers and suppliers with potential foreign buyers and investors has skyrocketed the 100-plus year old institution’s position to new heights.The presence of Mr. Arnold could elevate its reputation even more.According to Mr. Sumner, the event, being billed as a once in now-time opportunity, is expected to be a sell-out.“Because we want a certain amount of intimacy and personal contact, we have limited the numbers and with the invitations just going out today, the response has been immediate,” he said. “I’m not sure what we are going to have to do to top this next year, but maybe we will ask the American Embassy, which assisted with this year’s main guest of honour, to see if they can bring the president or head of a winning basketball team. We are very appreciative to the Embassy and our sponsors for their support.”Mr. Sumner’s reference to basketball was likely in connection with Mr. Arnold’s predecessor Micky Arison, owner of the Miami Heat and until July of last year, president of Carnival, the company his father founded and which he grew and ran with success until he turned over the post of top executive in July 2013. Mr. Arison remains chairman. And the company continues to thrive, reporting more than $1 billion in profit in the last fiscal year under Mr. Arnold’s reign.Sponsors include American Embassy, Bahamas First, BTC, Callenders & Co. Counsel & Attorneys, John Bull Group of Companies, NUA and Palm Cay Marina & Beach Club. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Bahamas Chamber Meets Baha Mar Provisional Liquidators Related Items:Arnold donald, bahamas chamber of commerce, carnival corporation Hundreds expected for massive Freedom of Information block party October 25
Former UEFA president Michel Platini, revealed that choosing the Ballon d’Or has never been easier as he would vote Raphael Varane.It appears that former UEFA president Michel Platini, doesn’t really care about trends as he would choose France defender Raphael Varane to win the Ballon d’Or this year.The achievements that players like Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo, Antoine Griezmann, and even Kylian Mbappé are not important to him.In Platini’s view, the prize should go to the only player who won the two major trophies of the year, which are the World Cup and the Champions League.Raphael Varane did have a starring role in both competitions for Real Madrid and France, but the defender is far from the type of player that usually gets picked to win the Ballon d’Or.Also, there is a very slim chance for Varane to be the player who breaks the 10-year tradition of giving the award to either Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.Even the Argentine who won none of those important trophies that Platini considers for giving the prize, has a far better chance of being in the podium than Raphael Varane ever will.The France international also has at least another three compatriots to worry about if he wanted to pick up the prize at this year’s ceremony in Paris, his teammates Kylian Mbappé, Antoine Griezmann, and N’Golo Kanté have a better chance than he does to be part of the ceremony.”It has never been easier to choose a Ballon d’Or winner. Only one player won both the World Cup and the Champions League – his name is Raphaël Varane.”– Michel Platini pic.twitter.com/aRskpd7eUD— FourFourTweet (@FourFourTweet) October 30, 2018There is still no clue to which player will be part of the podium for the award, but the favorites to be part of it are still Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Antoine Griezmann.Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé, does have a slight chance of sneaking in the final three players who will fight for the award, Lionel Messi does too because of his impressive stats from 2018.But the most obvious choices are the three players who were recently mentioned, with Griezmann edging out as the clear favorite given that he won the Europa League and the World Cup this year.Actually, when Platini spoke to RMC Radio via L’Equipe, it seemed like he was talking about Griezmann but he surprised everyone when he revealed that his top choice was Varane.Opinion: Neymar will earn respect back from the PSG fans Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 After completing his incredible return to Parc des Princes, we predict that Neymar will earn the respect back from PSG supporters.The situation between Neymar…“There has never been an easier decision on who should win the Ballon d’Or. There is only one player that has won the European Cup and World Cup,” said Platini.“Normally there is a debate between Ronaldo or Messi, Messi or Ronaldo, but this year only one player has won all that. His name is Varane, and besides that, he is an excellent player… very, very good.”“Results are the only the objective factor. You can have your opinions about Griezmann, Mbappé… but the only one that has won it all, the two most important competitions, is Raphael Varane,” he continued.Michel Platini vote Raphaël Varane pour le Ballon d’or https://t.co/sMpTyS7ciB pic.twitter.com/OWKdoqjal6— L’ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) October 30, 2018We are closing in the final stages of the year and the ceremony is closer every day, December 3rd is the key for anybody who is keeping tabs on this major event as we are.The day in which the Ronaldo/Messi era will come to an end, at least for a year because we don’t think that either of both players is done winning any more individual accolades, they are just taking a small break.We are certain that both of them will keep on playing at the same level for the next five years at least, and they will both be an important part of the next individual prize podiums.There is even a big chance of Cristiano Ronaldo winning his sixth Ballon d’Or and he finally beats Messi, an ambition he has pursued throughout his whole career and something that could finally happen before the end of the year.The problem here is that France Football organizes the ceremony, a French publication that has been rooting for a Frenchman to win the award this year.But make no mistake, Platini’s wishes are unlikely to become a reality as Raphael Varane will most certainly not win the prize.El Balón de Oro debe de ser para Varane: Platini https://t.co/Lk7qe9b1Bc pic.twitter.com/y7EqZ83FyM— José López (@jjlogo151) October 31, 2018Who will win the Ballon d’Or this year? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Paul Merson lambasted his former side Arsenal for their poor handling of Aaron Ramsey’s contract situation.Arsenal are set to lose Ramsey to Juventus for nothing this summer after the Wales international agreed on a deal with the Serie A champions after his contract was allowed to run down.Merson went on to call his former club “stupid” for letting an experienced player like Ramsey leave the club in the prime of his career.“It’s stupidity from Arsenal to allow someone of Ramsey’s quality to let their contract run down,” he told Sky Sports.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“It’s yet another player after Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott. Players’ contracts come to an end then they all leave on frees.“In footballing terms, it’s criminal. It’s like buying an £80m house, waiting for the leasehold to run out and losing the house.“Arsene Wenger sorted out his contract every year but seemed to forget everyone else’s!“I wouldn’t mind if all these players were 35 years of age or older, but they are in the prime of their careers when they are playing their best football ever.”
KUSI Newsroom Posted: December 13, 2018 December 13, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI)- The Armed Services, YMCA and the East County Posse, a non-profit organization, teamed up to give away $15,000 to military families to help with holiday shopping needs.Thirty local families were awarded gift cards of $500 each.They have partnered together for over five years and have given away about $60,ooo over that time period. $15,000 awarded to military families to help with holiday shopping KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter