Facebook Advertisement Previous articleHolidaymakers beware of jewellery scamsNext articleLimerick to have own designated ‘graffiti’ street admin Linkedin Email Print A MAN who said that he had been given permission to remove copper piping from a house due for demolition, hid behind a couch when gardai came on the scene, a court heard.Jonathan Curtin(21) of 13 Yeats Avenue, admitted he was removing copper piping form a house at Mountain View in O’Malley Park on January 30 last.The court heard from Inspector Paul Reidy that gardai arrived at the house to find a “large bolt cutters at the front door. Mr Curtin was hiding behind a couch”.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The Limerick District Court heard that Mr Curtin had 108 previous convictions, all for road traffic offences.Mr Curtin’s solicitor, John Devane, said that his client had been “working on an ad-hoc basis for the firm responsible for demolishing these houses under the Regeneration project. He had asked the builders if he could take the copper and was told he could”.Mr Devane said that Mr Curtin “was constantly getting into trouble. as a young person. with driving offences.“He has been out of trouble for some time now”.Judge Eugene O’Kelly asked why Mr Curtin was hiding behind the couch if he believed he had permission to take the copper?“Panic” Mr Devane said.Judge O’Kelly remanded him on bail for a probation report to November 8. WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsCopper collector hid behind couchBy admin – July 10, 2012 961 Twitter
One in four FTSE 350 companies have turned to multi-employer defined contribution (DC) scheme providers, with this likely to rise to 35% among the FTSE 250 over the next two years, according to a survey.Willis Towers Watson’s (WTW) latest FTSE 350 DC pension survey also found that the share of FTSE 100 companies to have adopted master trusts would probably rise to 27% by the end of that same period.The increased use of master trusts has been at the expense of own-trust-based DC schemes. In the FTSE 100, in the last two years there has been a seven percentage point increase in the number of companies using a master trust, while use of DC trust-based schemes fell from 45% to 39%, and contract-based schemes from 40% to 39%.Gemma Burrows, director in Willis Towers Watson’s retirement business, said: “As the COVID-19 crisis prompts employers to look more closely at efficiency savings, we are likely to see increased streamlining of trust-based processes as well as the continuing trend towards outsourcing of DC pension provision.”Master trusts first entered the mainstream DC pensions market some seven years ago, and there are now 38 approved under the regulator’s relatively recent authorisation regime.Hymans Robertson recently said enquiries into making the move to master trusts had doubled during the coronavirus, and that it expected a surge in adoption of the vehicles as lockdown eases.WTW’s survey also found that 33% of FTSE 100 schemes and 20% of FTSE 250 pension schemes were very likely or extremely likely to enhance their at-retirement support.More than half (57%) of DC schemes now offer access to drawdown options. The consultancy said that while most offered drawdown access ‘in-plan’ (28%), there was an increasing movement towards offering this via a third party (17%), with some schemes (12%) offering access via both via a third party provider and in-plan.The consultancy said a notable change in this year’s survey was the growth in the number of own-trust schemes offering facilitated access to a nominated third-party drawdown provider, “perhaps in recognition of the continued popularity of this option for retirees”.“We are seeing an increase in DC schemes offering drawdown access through master trusts, either as the existing pension provider or through a third-party partnership,” Burrows said.Phoenix Group yesterday announced the introduction of in-scheme drawdown for its Standard Life DC master trust pension clients, and Michael Ambery, head of DC provider relations at Hymans Robertson, said more master trusts would be getting to the same position over the next few months.Looking for IPE’s latest magazine? Read the digital edition here.
The University of Wisconsin men’s soccer team polished off an impressive runner-up finish in the Big Ten tournament a few weeks ago. The team is now snagging some equally impressive offseason awards as sophomore defender Sam Brotherton and junior midfielder Christopher Mueller were selected to the Midwest All-Regional team on Wednesday.The two standouts marked the first All-Region selections the program has produced since 2013 when AJ Cochran and Tomislav Zadro made the All-Great Lakes team.Brotherton, a New Zealand native and active member of the men’s national team, is arguably the best player on the team and is one of the best defenders in the Big Ten. The sophomore was recently also named to the Big Ten second team and is expected to remain one of the leaders of a Wisconsin team that will have many returning players next season.Another big return for next year is Mueller, one of the most electric goal scorers in the country and UW team leader in all five major offensive categories, including goals, with 27. Mueller was also recently given Big Ten accolades as he was named first team All Big Ten, only the 19th player in program history to do so.Men’s soccer: Badgers approach Big Ten tournament behind strong close to regular seasonWith the regular season in the books, the No. 20 University of Wisconsin men’s soccer team looks toward their second Read…Mueller and Brotherton will undoubtedly be the leaders going into a season with high expectations. Last year was a surprising turnaround, going from one win at home and a loss in the first round of the Big Ten tournament in 2015 to a top 20 team and a penalty kick away from hoisting the Big Ten tournament trophy over reigning champion and No. 1 University of Maryland.The awards are not surprising, but now leave little excuses if the team comes up short of the success they had last year. UW loses only three players to graduation this offseason and replaces them with a stacked recruiting class for the second straight year. Head coach John Trask went from being in the hot seat to the driver’s seat, but is now asked to deliver when the stakes are high.Wisconsin now moves on to spring ball and hopes to rebuild going into another tough conference race in 2017.
(Tallahassee, FL) — Florida is surpassing the previous one-day coronavirus record.The state announced nearly 9000 new COVID-19 infections today with 39 deaths.The new numbers eclipse the record of more than 5500 on Wednesday. Over the last week, Florida has recorded 29,163 new infections, which is nearly a quarter of the state’s total number of confirmed cases since the pandemic began more than three months ago, according to the Miami Herald. The state’s total number of confirmed cases now stands at 122,960.Deaths in the peninsula are also skyrocketing with 137 new deaths reported Friday, the Department of Health announced, bringing the statewide death toll “north of 3,400,” the Herald reported.The number of deceased patients nearly tripled overnight. On Thursday, just 46 deaths were reported.In an effort to curb the recent spike, the drinking of alcohol at bars has been suspended by the state’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation.