Christian brother charged with indecent assault

first_imgEmail A FORMER Christian Brother is to face trial at the Circuit Court for alleged indecent assault of a schoolboy over 40 years ago.  64-year-old Sean Drummond, with an address at Broadford Avenue, Ballinteer, Dublin, was presented with the book of evidence  last week at Limerick District Court.  The accused faces charges of indecently assaulting a 10-year-old boy on dates between August 1968 and August 1969 at the Christian Brothers School, Sexton Street, Limerick. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The then 4th class pupil was attending the school where Mr Drummond was a teacher.Sgt Donal Cronin said it was the direction of the DPP that the accused be sent forward for trial on the charges, and Judge O’Kelly remanded him on continuing bail with the condition that he has no contact with the alleged injured party. Facebook WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsChristian brother charged with indecent assaultBy admin – September 19, 2012 716 Twittercenter_img Linkedin Advertisement Previous articleSulky driver claimed he ‘would walk freeNext articleCity praised for proactive management of derelict buildings admin Printlast_img read more

Gayle to be rested for rest of NZ tour

first_imgWindies star Chris Gayle seems a major doubt to play any part in the rest of the One Day International (ODI) series against New Zealand after apparently failing to fully recover from the effects of a mystery illness.Gayle made 22 runs before being dismissed in the first ODI against the Black Caps but did not return to the field for the host’s successful runs chase, which eventually saw them register a five-wicket win. The regional team’s head coach, Stuart Law, and captain Jason Holder, explained that the player would undergo further assessment after being diagnosed with an unspecified ailment.The 38-year-old Gayle was, as a result, deemed not fit enough to take part in the second match; a lopsided 204 runs loss in Christchurch. With the series well and truly lost and the Windies set to play in the crucial World Cup qualifiers in Zimbabwe later this year, it seems unlikely the talismanic batsman will be risked for the rest of the series.“You know he’s at that age in his career where we just wanna give him the best chance to prolong his career, but you know we’ve got to be smart about things when it comes to people’s health,” Holder said when asked about the possibility of the player returning.Gayle is, however, in the West Indies squad for the three-match Twenty20 series that follows the ODIs.last_img read more