Umphrey’s McGee To Reissue ‘Safety In Numbers’ On Vinyl For 10th Anniversary

first_imgTo celebrate the 10th anniversary of their 2006 studio effort, Safety In Numbers, Umphrey’s McGee will reissue a 180-gram double LP pressing of the record. Remastered for vinyl by Brad Blackwood at Euphonic Masters, fans are in for a treat with this UM reissue, which also includes a couple guest spots on the album, including Huey Lewis and Joshua Redman.Pro-Shot: TAUK Welcomes Umphrey’s McGee Members For Bonobo Cover In NYCDigital versions of Safety In Numbers will also be available for reissue in MP3, FLAC, ALAC formats as well as the first high fidelity 24/96 version ever released, and for a limited time, UM will be offering several signed copies of the album in their online store. In addition, anyone who buys a reissue of Safety In Numbers, regardless of format, will receive an unreleased acoustic bonus show, recorded at the Safety In Numbers release party on April 3, 2006 in Chicago, IL. UM has also made a few updates to the album’s packaging and have added a few concept sketches by the late, great Storm Thorgerson (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Genesis).Umphrey’s McGee, Tom Petty, & More Locked In For Bunbury Music FestivalSafety In Numbers will be released on April 1 but you can pre-order your copy today here. Pre-orders of the album on vinyl will begin to be shipped March 14, a full two weeks before release date.Track list:1) Believe The Lie2) Rocker3) Liquid4) Words5) Nemo6) Women, Wine and Song7) Intentions Clear8) End of the Road9) Passing10) Ocean Billy11) The Weight AroundBonus (included on both vinyl & digital downloads)    Memories of Home    Divisions (acoustic)Instant Grat (immediate download included with any purchase)04/03/06 Safety In Numbers Release Party, Park West, Chicago, ILNemo, Passing, Rocker[1], Eat > End of the Road[1], Women Wine and Song, Pipeline > Ocean Billy[1] debut, originallast_img read more

Rooney apologised to team-mates

first_img Press Association “It was probably the right decision. I saw the West Ham player making a counter-attack and I tried to break-up the play, but I just misjudged it. “I think everyone knew (I was in the wrong), so I am just grateful that the lads were able to hold on.” Rooney had a reputation as something of a hot head in his early years, but this was the first time he had been sent off for United in five-and-a-half years. The 28-year-old, whose dismissal came the day before the 10th anniversary of his United debut, is aware questions about his temperament will be raised again following the sixth red card of his career. “I expect people to say that, but at the end of the day, I was trying to break up the play,” he said. “It was a dangerous situation in that they were trying to break on us and I have just misjudged it, simple as that, but I have no complaints.” When asked whether he felt the need to apologise to Downing, Rooney said: “No. I haven’t absolutely volleyed the lad. “I have tried to trip him up and, to be fair to him, he got further away from me and that is why my leg is straighter than it should have been. “As he pushed the ball away, my leg has straightened out and that is obviously why the referee has deemed it as a red card.” Rooney started off the match in fine fashion, clipping the ball past Adrian from a Rafael cross to put United ahead. Robin van Persie then doubled United’s lead before Sakho headed in a goal for West Ham to put the home fans on edge. Rooney will play for England in next month’s Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Estonia, but he will not turn out for United until the first weekend of November, when United play bitter rivals Manchester City. Rooney is not looking forward to watching United from the stands. “That’s the most disappointing thing,” said the striker, who has scored three times for the club this term. “Obviously we got away with it today by getting the win, but I am really gutted that I am going to be missing the next three games. “It is hard to take. “It helps that the England games are coming up, but the training here is really good. “It is tough and it is getting my fitness up there, so I just have to make sure I train well and be ready for when I come back.” Shaw, who left Old Trafford with a black eye following the alleged elbow by Sakho, thinks Rooney should have stayed on the pitch. ”We have actually had a lot of bad luck, especially with Wazza’s red card as I would say there was a handball before that but the referee didn’t stop play,” said the 19-year-old, who was making his United debut. West Ham captain Kevin Nolan was unhappy with linesman Andrew Garratt for flagging him offside when he turned in Carl Jenkinson’s cross in the 89th minute. ”I know he has definitely gambled on it because he can’t have seen it, because if he had seen it he wouldn’t have given it offside,” Nolan said. Louis van Gaal’s second win as Manchester United manager against West Ham was overshadowed by Rooney’s dismissal, which came in the second-half of an ill-disciplined match at Old Trafford. In an incident which was not seen by the officials at the time, Luke Shaw was allegedly headbutted off the ball by Diafra Sakho, who may now face retrospective punishment, and referee Lee Mason struggled to keep a lid on tensions at times in the second half. The biggest decision the referee made came in the 59th minute when he sent off Rooney for cutting down West Ham midfielder Downing as he sprinted down field. West Ham manager Sam Allardyce branded the foul “crazy and irresponsible” while Rooney had no complaints about his dismissal. Rooney was glad United held on for a 2-1 win and after the final whistle the captain apologised to his players in the dressing room. “Yeah, of course I did (apologise),” the United striker said. Rooney now looks set to miss United’s games against Everton, Chelsea and West Brom through suspension. When asked whether he would appeal against his ban, the England skipper said: “No. I understand it (the punishment). “I knew at the time that I misjudged it. “It is a red card and I don’t it will benefit anyone to appeal against the decision. Wayne Rooney apologised to his Manchester United team-mates for his reckless lunge on Stewart Downing and has no plans to appeal the red card which he admits he fully deserved. last_img read more

Photos: Lionel Messi marries childhood sweetheart

first_imgLionel Messi married his childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo on Friday night at a well-guarded ceremony in his Argentine hometown of Rosario.Some of the top names in world football flew down to the Argentinian city to be alongside one of the top players in the world’s marriage ceremony that was being called as ‘wedding of the decade’ in Argentine media.About 250 guests descended on the luxurious hotel. The likes of which included his Barcelona teammates Neymar, Luis Suarez and Gerard Pique, who was joined by his wife, Colombian pop star Shakira.Earlier there were reports of Pique turning down the invitation due to differences between Shakira and Roccuzzo.Argentines were abuzz over the wedding in Rosario, an agricultural hub and the country’s third-largest city about 300 kilometres (186 miles) northwest of Buenos Aires. Nearly 150 journalists were allowed to cover the event but had no access to cover the ceremony or the after-party. Onlookers gathered near the hotel to catch a glimpse of the football stars and snap photos with them. But the Israeli security team employed by Messi for his usual visits was on hand to keep lurkers at bay even with the neighbourhood notorious for its drug gang Los Monos.“We think it’s great that Messi has come to Rosario to get married,” said Julio Sosa, who cleans windows for a living.Messi, now 30, grew up in a lower middle-class neighbourhood in Rosario along with his two brothers and a sister. His bride, 29, is the cousin of a close Messi friend and the new couple has been close friends since meeting at a young age.The duo stayed in touch after Messi left for Spain to play with Barcelona’s youth team before Roccuzzo joined him in the Spanish city later where they started dating in late 2000s. The couple have two sons – 4-year-old Thiago and 1-year-old Mateo. “Messi could have had this wedding wherever he liked – Dubai, the moon. He can pay any plane ticket to anyone, but he chose the city that’s in his heart,” said Leandro Macaya.Messi, despite bringing laurels to his club Barcelona and winning numerous personal accolades including being a five-time FIFA world player of the year, has endured criticism for not bringing glory to his national team.Last year, after the Copa America Centenario and yet another heartbreak, Messi announced shock retirement. However, a few weeks later he did a U-turn on his decision.Despite that, he is praised both at home and abroad for keeping his common touch. “He was always the same and he never changed,” said Diego Vallejos, a childhood friend who was invited to the wedding. “Despite everything that he’s accomplished in life, he’s still the same simple kid, the skinny dude that I grew up with. It’s hard to explain the feeling – I’m both a friend and a fan.”last_img read more

Mets ‘still have faith’ in struggling Edwin Diaz, says Mickey Callaway

first_img Pete Alonso on Mets’ hot streak: ‘We have a chance to really do something great’ The Mets are sticking with Edwin Diaz.The 25-year-old right-hander has pitched poorly throughout his first season in New York and he surrendered a crucial two-run homer to Victor Robles on Sunday in the ninth inning of the team’s 7-4 loss to the Nationals. Mets manager Mickey Callaway addressed Diaz’s struggles when he met with reporters after the game.”It’s been tough,” Callaway said, via SNY. “The common denominator in all of his homers is that they’re right down the middle. We didn’t execute a pitch. That’s normally what happens when you give up a home run. But we’re going to work hard and be diligent in getting the ball where we need to. We still have faith in Edwin.” Related News Joe Panik signs with surging Mets after Giants releasecenter_img Callaway said after the loss — which snapped New York’s eight-game winning streak — the team had no plans to cut back on Diaz’s workload.“The way we’re set up, we really can’t afford to do that,” Callaway said. “He’s going to continue to get big outs for us and pitch in big games. We’re going to pick our spots and do the best that we can with him to win a game every single night.”Diaz was an All-Star last season but now holds a 5.60 ERA in 49 appearances in 2019.”I try to have a positive attitude every single time,” Diaz said through a translator. “I’m just trying to get out of the rough stretch I’m in right now. If I’m frustrated all the time, it’s just going to get worse. Every single time on the mound, I’m just trying to get better.” “I try to have a positive attitude every single time… if I’m frustrated all the time, it’s just gonna get worse” pic.twitter.com/AKqTpEc0CN— SNY (@SNYtv) August 11, 2019The Mets dropped to 61-57 and are one game out of the second National League wild-card spot. Despite the loss, they’ve still won 15 of their last 17.New York took two of three from the Nationals and will start a three-game series against the NL East-leading Braves in Atlanta on Tuesday.last_img read more