China’s first charity Web site

first_img  14 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 29 April 2001 | News AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis China’s first charity Web sitecenter_img The first charity Web site in China has been launched by the China Charity Federation. The first charity Web site in China has been launched by the China Charity Federation. The site features charity information, handles online donations and is developing a database of charity volunteers.Find out more from the People’s Daily and visit the China Charity Federation. Advertisement About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.last_img read more

Copper collector hid behind couch

first_imgFacebook Advertisement Previous articleHolidaymakers beware of jewellery scamsNext articleLimerick to have own designated ‘graffiti’ street admin Linkedin Email Printcenter_img A MAN who said that he had been given permission to remove copper piping from a house due for demolition, hid behind a couch when gardai came on the scene, a court heard.Jonathan Curtin(21) of 13 Yeats Avenue, admitted he was removing copper piping form a house at Mountain View in O’Malley Park on January 30 last.The court heard from Inspector Paul Reidy that gardai arrived at the house to find a “large bolt cutters at the front door. Mr Curtin was hiding behind a couch”.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The Limerick District Court heard that Mr Curtin had 108 previous convictions, all for road traffic offences.Mr Curtin’s solicitor, John Devane, said that his client had been “working on an ad-hoc basis for the firm responsible for demolishing these houses under the Regeneration project. He had asked the builders if he could take the copper and was told he could”.Mr Devane said that Mr Curtin “was constantly getting into trouble. as a young person. with driving offences.“He has been out of trouble for some time now”.Judge Eugene O’Kelly asked why Mr Curtin was hiding behind the couch if he believed he had permission to take the copper?“Panic” Mr Devane said.Judge O’Kelly remanded him on bail for a probation report to November 8. WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsCopper collector hid behind couchBy admin – July 10, 2012 961 Twitterlast_img read more

Christian brother charged with indecent assault

first_imgEmail A FORMER Christian Brother is to face trial at the Circuit Court for alleged indecent assault of a schoolboy over 40 years ago.  64-year-old Sean Drummond, with an address at Broadford Avenue, Ballinteer, Dublin, was presented with the book of evidence  last week at Limerick District Court.  The accused faces charges of indecently assaulting a 10-year-old boy on dates between August 1968 and August 1969 at the Christian Brothers School, Sexton Street, Limerick. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The then 4th class pupil was attending the school where Mr Drummond was a teacher.Sgt Donal Cronin said it was the direction of the DPP that the accused be sent forward for trial on the charges, and Judge O’Kelly remanded him on continuing bail with the condition that he has no contact with the alleged injured party. Facebook WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsChristian brother charged with indecent assaultBy admin – September 19, 2012 716 Twittercenter_img Linkedin Advertisement Previous articleSulky driver claimed he ‘would walk freeNext articleCity praised for proactive management of derelict buildings admin Printlast_img read more

Coronavirus patients in isolation in University Hospital Limerick

first_img Previous articleEmma drops title track of her second albumNext articleCouncil strategy to bring new life to city centre Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Twitter Print Designed by FreepikUL Hospitals Group and HSE MidWest Community Healthcare has confirmed they are working closely with public health colleagues in tracing contacts of four confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus).In a statement issued to the press, a spokesperson said the patients were “currently isolated in hospital and receiving appropriate care”.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The cases were confirmed on March 4, and public health are now working rapidly to identify any contacts this small cluster may have had in the days prior to this positive result, this work will be completed as quickly as possible.“Public health colleagues are in the process of informing the relevant contacts and advising on any relevant follow-up actions that may be necessary to protect their own health, that of their families and the community at large.“The contacts include patients who attended Zone A (minors) of the Emergency Department in UHL between the hours of 10am and 2pm on Wednesday last, February 26 and they are being contacted directly.“Patients in any other area of the Emergency Department or the wider hospital are not considered to be contacts,” the statement reads.Patients who attended a small number of other health services are also being contacted by public health in line with procedure.Emergency Department operating as normalThe Emergency Department at University Hospital Limerick is operating as normal today, Friday, March 6. The University Hospital Limerick (UHL) Emergency Department was “put off call” for a three-hour period on Wednesday night.“We can confirm that the Emergency Department was put off call for a three-hour period on Wednesday night to facilitate a precautionary deep clean of affected areas,” the spokesperson said, adding, “Patients arriving by ambulance were diverted to Galway University Hospitals during this interval in line with established national protocols.”Staff who were in close contact with one of the confirmed cases have been advised not to report for duty and to follow the guidance of public health and occupational health colleagues.Staff at UL Hospitals Group and in HSE Community Healthcare have been preparing for positive cases of COVID-19 for a number of weeks now and are closely following the plans established by the HSE and the Department of Health and in line with the WHO and ECDC guidance.We remain in the containment phase in relation to COVID -19 and as long as this remains the case, it is important that members of the public follow the most up-to-date advice from the HSE.General advice and information on COVID-19  for members of the public is available on www.hse.ie\coronavirus  and the vast majority of people in the MidWest can access all the relevant information here. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Numbers of Limerick hospital group staff sidelined by COVID-19 reduces by 162 in past 7 days WhatsApp “There is extreme overcrowding in UHL this morning” – UHL Government announces phased easing of public health restrictions center_img Limerick health chiefs urge public not to withhold information on virus contacts, as they investigate “complex and serious outbreaks” across midwest region Email Advertisement NewsHealthCoronavirus patients in isolation in University Hospital LimerickBy Staff Reporter – March 6, 2020 946 Annie Lynch is the first person to receive the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in Ireland Limerick Post Show | Careers & Health Sciences Event for TY Students Facebook TAGSCoronavirushealthLimerick City and CountyUHL last_img read more